11.13.2008

Childhood

10.00am. Break-time. Freedom. The joy shines through every one's eyes as they run about laughing and giggling. The more athletic boys are the stars of the soccer team, and announce triumphantly the goal they have just scored, or bounce the ball against the wall powerfully. The others toss their tazos hoping to snatch their opponent's, and celebrate when they hit the jackpot and take it home.

I'm sitting down playing cards with my best friend. Her two pony tails move about as she desperately looks for her missing card, and her eyeballs could easily pop out when she comes to the conclusion that I am the one who stole her card. She is so certain of this and accusses me so surely that I come to believe I actually did it. The sight of her so angry at me makes me cry, and I go to the foot of the stairs to talk to another friend. Suddenly, she comes to me and says "Well, I found the card, I had sat on it... but it's still your fault!" Strangely, I feel more relieved than angry.

No hay comentarios: